RnB EX-3000 Lithium-Polymer Battery with Wall Charger.
Made for the Minelab Excalibur II 800 and Excalibur II 1000 Metal Detectors.
The Only Trusted Li-Po Battery Pack Around the World!
Hunt For Days Not Hours!
- Get More Battery Life
- Extend your detecting time up to 60 hours!
- High Capacity Lithium-Polymer Delivers Long Life Run Time with Fade-Free Power!
- Minelab Excalibur II 800
- Minelab Excalibur II 1000
- First remove the black soft plastic end cover that is glued to the battery pod.
- Very carefully insert a straightened out heavy paper clip that has been bent in half between the cover and the battery pod, moving it around to break the glue’s bond without tearing the cover.
- Once the cover is free, remove the cover from the pod.
- Mark the end cap and battery pod with a magic marker so the end cap can be replaced in the same position.
- Completely remove both set screws holding the end cap in the battery pod.
- Very carefully twist and pull the end cap out of the tube, the resistance is from the O-ring which must NOT be damaged or the pod can leak.
- The battery pack will now slide out of the pod, make sure there is no dirt or sand left inside the pod by wiping it clean.
- Disconnect the old battery pack.
- Very carefully remove and clean the O-ring, do NOT use any sharp instruments to remove it.
- Once the O-ring has been wiped clean with a soft paper towel apply silicone grease all around the O-ring sparingly, Ace Hardware 90% pure silicone grease 4095667 works well as does Sil-Glyde.
- Place the O-ring back into the end cap groove and connect the new battery pack, making sure the connectors are clean, optionally add some dielectric grease.
- Slide the new battery pack into the battery pod, if it is a tight fit due to the older pod versions taper, apply some silicone grease to the edges of the pack to insert.
- If a silica desiccant pack came out of the pod when opened replace it at this time.
- Very carefully twist and push the end cap back into the pod without pinching the O-ring, which could cause leakage.
- Once the end cap is back in and the magic marker lines and screw holes line up, place the set screws back in.
- Do NOT over tighten, snug them down firmly without stripping the threads.
- Place the soft black plastic end cover back on by putting two dabs of RTV silicone rubber inside it and pushing it on.
- Optionally you may wrap a turn and a half of electrical vinyl tape around the battery pod covering the set screw holes and let friction hold the end cover in place.
- Charge the new battery before use.
- ONLY use the supplied charger for charging the Lithium Polymer Battery
* Lithium Polymer Battery ONLY – POD NOT INCLUDED!